#4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 15:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyJourney
After all that I have been reading about canola oil I dont want to eat any eggs from chickens who were fed with that junk. The thought of a chicken laying a low fat egg scares me.

Eggland's Best aren't really Low-Fat...They are only marginally lower in Total Fat (-0.5g,) Saturated Fat (-0.5g,) and Cholesterol (-45mg,) and slightly higher in Omega-3s (+68mg) and Leutin. They are also significantly higher in Vitamin E (30%DV) and Iodine (45%DV.)

According to their website, they are fed: Grain, Canola Oil, Rice Bran, Alfalfa Meal, Kelp, and Vitamin E. They are fed NO ANIMAL BY-PRODUCTS. Unlike other chickens they are not fed feed made from dead cows and other animals, and are given no chemicals, antibiotics, hormones, etc...

As for the Canola Oil...Most of that crap I've read on the internet is Bullshit. Canola Oil is Low-Erucic Acid Rapeseed Oil. It is not regular Rapeseed Oil [the stuff they claim is used as a Lubricant.] Eating Canola Oil won't burn holes in your guts, and it won't eat holes in your hands, or whatever crap they are claiming. I don't use Canola Oil, only because the Polyunsaturates in it are more prone to going bad on you [some claim they turn to Trans-Fat if overheated...though, this claim is questionable.] I wouldn't worry too much about the Canola Oil. I'd be more worried about all the crap (Hormones, Antibiotics, Chemicals, and Dead Cows) they feed regular animals.