Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 14:40
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimalkin
I don't think it's that bad. Compared to what people are used to eating on a regular basis, it's got to be an improvement. And it's probably not a bad idea to lower fat since it is relatively high GI.

Not that I'm going to run out and make these recipes, but then compared to the general population I'm pretty "hard-core" LC. But most people don't want to become uber-self-educated about insulin and metabolic functions and stuff, they just want to eat and forget about it, and I do think this moderate approach might help.

I guess I don't really see the harm in it since anyone who reads the book will/should know better anyway.

Well I certainly agree with a lot of what you are saying there all right. There is even a difference of opinion among Atkins people as to what to eat. It reminds me of churches that split off from the "mother church." There are the orthodox Atkins people who just go by the 1972 book. Then there are the johnny come latelies who go by later versions of the book. Then there is Atkins Nutritionals who seem to be changing the diet all the time. It is all very confusing to me.