#4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 18:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270.4/263.2/170 Male 5'8
BF:
Progress: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdofrekeri
I am in my second week of induction. I have been following the rules very strictly. After not losing for the first couple of days I gave up my diet soda with aspartame and the atkins bars. So far I keep bouncing with losing 4 pounds and gaining 2 of it back. I bought some ketosis sticks and last night I tested and it was almost at the darkest purple. Yet this morning no drop in weight. Can you be in ketosis and not lose pounds? How long do you have to be in ketosis before losing pounds? Please explain this to me.

Thanks,
Keri

Keri,

How much water have you been drinking? And have you been eating all of your 20 net carbs? I haven't and many told me that it can actually work against you (I guess it's the whole your body thinks its starving and shuts down thing).

As for the strips people that have been on Atkins for a while tend to not use them anymore due to the lack of consistency (the readings can be skewed by how much water you'd had, what kind of meal you had last, what time of day etc.)

And lastly (phew I didn't expect to write this much!) you're supposedly allowed to have the Atkins Advantage products, just not the Endulge items, since Induction is meant to curb your sugar cravings. I'm paranoid about the "hidden carbs" in those bars anyway, they taste just too good to be true. And often times diet products are often recalled when they do a REAL inspection of what's in them (i.e. Skinny Cow's, Pirate's Booty, etc)

Hope that helps!