#13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 16:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/120/125 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 111%
Default Maintaining Low Carb

I reached 2 lbs below my goal in Oct. I had been below 20 carbs a day for almost a year. I still don't go very much higher then 25. I keep tabs on calories and I stick to around 2000 a day. I could never eat that many while on low fat diets. I do excercise most every day and have dropped down to 120 lbs, but my weight does go up and down about 3 lbs. I love to bake. This is what has always been the biggest problem the love of sweets. I use maltitol and low carb flours, but find if I bake too much I won't leave the cookies, brownies pies etc. alone. They call to me from the kitchen I made low carb treats for Christmas and now they are all gone so I won't bake for a while. I make muffins and bread however. This is what I am eating right now:
B. 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 1 muffin or home made low carb bread, butter
L. 4 to six ounces of beef chicken pork etc. 1/2 cup fresh cooked veggies like summer squash, string beans, broccoli, muffin 1/2 cup strawberries sweetened with maltitol and 2 Tblsp. heavy cream. Sometimes I make ice cream with this.
I have a program that counts carbs so if I am not too high, I have a snack of a couple of Tblsp. sugar free peanut butter.
D. a small salad 2 ounces of chedder cheese, low carb dressing and a couple of hard boiled eggs, or maybe chicken salad or tuna salad. I do drink quite a bit of Diet-Rite soda and I always have.