View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 13:42

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Oops! No, I didn't know my last response went in as white. I'll go back and fix that in a second.

Yes, you can enter the ingredients with measurements. Here's basically how you do it.
  1. Click the Custom tab in the Find a Food section of the window.
  2. Click New Custom. A new window opens (to the left of the Find a Food section) and includes space for you to enter the recipe name and total amount that it makes (like 12 cups), and tabs below. The default tab will list the total nutritional counts.
  3. First, type in the name of the recipe.
  4. Type the amount (like 12) and the measurement (like cups). This is tricky. If you type the amount 1, that means when you enter this food in your daily food log and you have 1/4 of the entire recipe, you'll have to enter it as .25. I made a cauliflower/broccoli recipe the other day and found it worked best when I entered it as 12 cups. Then, I just needed to enter 1 cup (or however much I had) in my daily log and not have to worry about fractions.
  5. Now click the Ingredients tab.
  6. Put your cursor in the Food Name column, and then drag over the desired food item from the Find a Food section. Modify the amounts as necessary.
  7. Keep doing this until you've entered in all the ingredients.
  8. Click Save, and you're done. Your recipe will appear in the Find a Food section under the Custom tab.
The Help feature is quite good, and can guide you through anything you want to do.

Hope this helps!

(Can you tell I'm a technical writer by profession?)