#6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 13:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/180/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hi,
I'm another one who lost very slowly during induction. I was also thrilled to lose anything because low-fat diets didn't ever work for me. I never lost a pound, so 7 pounds after two weeks was fantastic! Now after reading the symptom list for hypothyroidism, I find I almost all of them. Funny that nothing showed up on any of the routine thyroid tests my doctor had taken. I never asked for it, because I didn't know very much about thyroid function. Apparently, others have had similar test results with nothing showing abnormal. After 2 weeks the weight came off even more slowly, though I stayed on induction. I'm still losing, so I remain committed to Atkins, but now I'm looking for natural ways to stimulate my thyroid. I worry about taking hormones. There's a lot of good info on this website about coconut oil. I ordered some, but it hasn't arrived yet. I'm hoping it will help. The thought occurred that there might be others like us, who just think they're in a stall, but actually the problem is thyroid.