View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 11:37
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

They are ALL very expensive--for instance $5.50 for a package of Banana Nut Muffin & Bread Mix which has either 6 servings if you make the standard size muffins or 13 servings if you make the bread which is a very small loaf and slice it thin. That is compared to less than half that amount for a regular banana nut mix. I have tried the Atkins Cranberry Muffin & Bread Mix, the Banana Nut Muffn & Bread Mix, the Pancake Mix and the Morning Start Cereal. The mixes are OK but lack the texture of regular mixes. The same is true with the Morning Start Cereal. It tastes like you are eating a non-food product with flavoring. I have also tried the Atkins powdered shake mix and it was horrible. I had to spit it out. The Atkin's bake mix is also just OK. I used to buy a lot of low fat products before I started Atkins and they too were lacking in the texture department. But the main thing that stops me from buying more Atkins food products are the fact that they have zero or almost zero vitamins in them. I thought that was what eating was all about---getting the nutrients our body needs. If Atkins or any other foods have no vitamins and nutrients in them, then why eat them? The lack of vitamins, unappealing texture and the high cost make Atkins products a poor choice for meals in my opinion.