Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 10:03

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%
Default Good Points to Ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeel
And it seems immature of me to be "rewarding" myself with candy.

It's all a substitute for the Cheetos, etc. I've tried to Atkins crunchers, Just the Cheese crackers, etc. and don't care for them. Sorry to have ranted on for so long here, but it's been in my head lately.

Kay

Strange you should mention such things. I just today brought in a variety of low carb cookies I made so that the people at work could consume them, and I wouldn't have them at home.

Strange - I loved baking (before LC), but I could take it or leave it in the consumption department (perhaps would have one to try, but leave the rest for others). So, why did I make them? Guess I saw all these recipes and people talking about eating sweets (albeit LC ones), and thought I should join?!

So, we're back to "why". Perhaps it's emotional, or wanting to "fit in" (we're back to pre-LC attitudes, there). But, I've determined, I don't want to "waste" my carb count per day (even if it's 3 g per cookie) on something I don't really want (or need) (physically or emotionally).

I happen to like fresh vegetables (with or without dip), and nuts and seeds. I've never even been a real snacker at night when my hubby was (perhaps I would join him for pate and crackers, but not usually chips and pop). I just couldn't seem to get around eating a meal and not that long later - needing a snack.

So . . . I've given them away. I would even have thrown them out if I wasn't pretty sure that the people here will eat almost anything if it's free (I managed to get rid of a "ton" of Halloween candy here, too).

The freezer will have room for "real" food, and I will be happy