View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 09:04

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 220/205/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

The ketostixs work different for different people, a lot don't rely on them. But one way to tell if you are in ketosis is if you have a funny taste in your mouth. I will say if you are following the plan it will work for you. Different people have different responses as to the quickness of it.

You might want to take measurements because I lose inches much quicker than pounds. Also maybe a pair of jeans that are too small, try them on weekly and see your progress that way.

It's also common when you start low carb to not feel real well for maybe a week to ten days or so, that is carb withdrawal. You may have a headache or just be kind of blah, no energy. The good thing is after that period you usually feel an energy burst.

You may want to track your calories in that you want to make sure you are eating enough. A good way to track that and your carbs is on a free site fitday.com. It can be a little cumbersome, but if you don't eat enough calories and fat it doesn't work as well.

As for your meat, sausages, bacons and lunch meats have a lot of salt and some have fillers. You have a lot of game meats, do you process those yourself or know the butcher who does? If so, then you can have them leave out the sugars and things you shouldn't have. Plus I think you will enjoy the taste of the meat itself more.

It sounds like you are drinking enough water, but are you taking supplements? You need potasium (if you are taking blood pressure medication ask your doctor about potasium supplements, some you shouldn't take them with), also magnesium is good.

Another good source of information for you is atkins.com. Sometimes it is easier to look at the website and search the information instead of searching for it in the book.

And always feel free to ask questions. This is a caring community of people who really encourage each other and rejoice in others successes.

You take care and keep us updated on your progress.

Debi