View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 08:59
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

1. The dizziness and headache are normal, as your body is getting rid of the last remaining sugar and is going through withdrawal. It will go away soon. In the meantime, pop some Tylenol and make sure you're eating something every few hours.

2. Your menu looks good — maybe a little higher in veggies than Dr. Atkins suggested, but no one ever got fat from eating too much lettuce. Looks like you are doing well.

3. I am a hunter too, and eat a lot of venison. All the game meats you listed are great for Atkins. The only problem I run across with venison is that it's so lean (you'll find you lose more weight when you eat more fat). I have learned to serve it with fattening sauces, fry it in olive oil/butter, and use other techniques to add fat.

4. About ketosis — as long as you're following the plan and not eating any hidden sugars (check the Ceaser dressing), I'll bet you're in ketosis. The water you're drinking will dilute your urine so it may not register strongly on the sticks. Do you notice a strong, nasty odor in your urine and your breath? That's how I know I'm in ketosis.