View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 21:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/202.5/159 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 44%

Here are some more humble opinions
If it's more important to lose the weight than have the cereal I'd just find some other breakfast alternatives to regular eggs rather than the cereal....for instance...
this morning I had a little concoction I like to make....
I take about 4-6 eggs with some cream or half & half....sorry I don't measure but it's likely about 1/2 a cup or so.....and adds some stuff....while I'm doing this I preheat the oven to about 350.
To the egg mixture I add some or all of the following....
diced zucchini
sliced tomatoes
salsa (only the kind without any sugar or other crap)
diced peppers.
You may find other items

I always add to the egg mixture about a half cup of ground up flax seed...
I pour all this into a 9x9 glass dish and bake for about 25-30min.
This will make 3 or 4 servings and has lots of fibre (flax).
I usually top it with a tablespoon or two of Bellisimo Vegetable spread (a product made with roasted red pepper, roasted eggplant, etc.) and the same of sour cream.
It makes an interesting easy breakfast for 3 or 4 days and the possible variations are limitless.
Take the time to discover new interesting stuff to eat and you will create a habit for life that you will never stop. If you try to replace the bad foods with imitations you will never escape your old way of eating IMHO.
I would say you should be get most if not all of your carbs from vegies.
Also I suggest up the fat and the calories slightly. At 1200 calories I'm not surprised that you're hungry. If you're hungry eat but eat some fatty protien as it tend to satiate the hunger.
IMHO.....
You can do it!