View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 13:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

turnips are better than potatoes in pot roast and it was so good and they soak up the juice oh baby!. . .and as for Lady Belle. . .if you are looking for fall apart pot roast. . .cover the pan. . .uncovered it becomes shoe leather and it is hard to cook it too long touch of water (cover bottom only) you can sear it if you want (makes it pretty and tasty and helps with the moisture not required though) but bake it for several hours at 325 or 350F. . .with the lid on. . .and if is not fall apart in 2 hrs. . .more time. My favorite cut for pot roast is chuck (I like chuck for steak too. . .)really think cut of chuck roast. Now if you want one of those roast beef roasts that are pink (not rare think sliced roast beef for sandwiches) that's when you preheat the oven to 450 and cook for a short time (bigger roast and uncovered) and the proper cut for that is one of those tall rump roasts those roasts that look like pillow of beef with strings tying it. For this if you don't have a good eye I suggest a meat thermometor. You need the middle temp to get up to a certain point. . .but if you cut it and hate rare you will think it is not done. . .but it is.
This is a great way to do those pork tenderloins too. . .they take about 30-45 min at 450. Slather with garlic and roast those puppies! redawn