View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 08:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/135/128 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Ladybelle,
I have been doing Atkins since May. I have just discovered, though, while playing with Fitday for the first time since I started this WOE, that I eat almost 2,000 calories and almost 50 carbs a day! No wonder I'm not loosing. It is a miracle I'm maintaining. The other thing I have against me is that I don't exercise. I know I should, but I don't have day care for my 16 month daughter. I know is an excuse and if I wanted it really bad I could arrange to exercise at 5:00 am when DH is still at home. It feels like -6 degrees here to walk and I can't afford a health club fee at this time.

It was a fasting test. I had not eaten anything since 10 pm the night before and I had my blood drawn at 10:00 am.

Yes, I eat plenty of veggies. Usually breakfast is 2 eggs with a veggie and sometimes bacon (maybe 2-3 times/wk). Other days, omelette with 1 0z cream cheese. I eat a lot of salads with meat, and meat/veggies for dinner. I do cook with lots of butter and add olive oil or blue cheese dressings for salads. I eat cheese and ricotta cheese and put cream on coffee.

I take supplements and eat flaxseeds and take omegas.

I am really scared about this result, because I don't want to have to stop this WOE. Atkins is a high fat, so what do I have to change? This is bad timing. I had just figured out I was eating too many calories/carbs and started a clean induction yesterday.

Now I'm at a loss and don't know where to turn.

Thanks for any help you can give me. I respect your comments and knowledge and you've proven to be very succesful at this.
Thanks again.