View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 04:43

Plan: Atkins > SBD from 27Sep04
Stats: 291/279/190 Female 5ft 9
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default I need sone encouragement and reassurance

Hi all.... I have been loving this WOE for almost 7 weeks now.. I am diabetic, and have had some great results in my blood glucose levels, so that in itself should be encouragement enough for me to stick with this.

However, the last few days I have been struggling for no real apparent reason. I have passed TOM, so its not that. I have even been contemplating going back to weight watchers. I think there are a couple of reasons... I have felt very very very tired (even though I just had a holiday). In fact, the benefits of my holiday seem to have quickly gone out the window. The last couple of days I seem to be suffering serious fluid retention (probably why I'm tired). I feel like even my face is swollen.. my ankles and feet are puffy, the joints are tight. Now, of course the first thing I did was eliminate salt and salty foods. It is very hot here, and I know heat can cause this, however, it is hot every summer here in australia, and i have NEVER suffered with fluid retention before. I know my kidneys etc are good, have full blood work up done before doctor recommended i go on the atkins plan. I feel just awful, and I can't help but believe that the fluid retention is due to something i am lacking on this WOE. I do take vitamins, and have avocado, eggs and macadamia nuts every day.. all potassium rich food The scales have gone up 5 pounds in the past week, and I believe i have not lost any weight (under the excess water) for a few weeks now. My hair seems to be thinning too and my mood is unusually low.

I guess I don't know if there is any good solution except to stick it out, but I hope you all understand why I am struggling at least?

an unusually sad luscious
Sponsored Links