#11   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-01, 12:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Red face oops

Did some editing there, but Karen's referring to a fine episode of The Great Canadian Food Show on the Food Network Canada (which I find fascinating and watch over dinner or any other occasion when I can do one thing and watch some TV at the same time).

It was VERY interesting and now I have to get my butt over to Vancouver and check out The Gourmet Warehouse, I HAVE to!

Karen, I've been totally unable to find in any of my Atkins books (DADR, DANDR, DANDR Revised, DAAAR...) any indication that ketosis is required for Fat Fast to be triggered or work or whatever ... can you tell me where this info comes from? My readings last night infer rather more that those that simply cannot get into ketosis/lipolysis (the seriously metabolically resistant, a very small percentage per Atkins) may find the Fat Fast helpful. He's also pretty strong on discouraging "impatient" losers to use the Fat Fast for more than illustrative or proof purposes, and also doesn't recommend it in any (unmonitored) circumstances for weight loss for more than 5 days...

Ultimately, I get from Atkins the idea that the Fat Fast really is a kickstart for ketosis. I do agree with you that it is helpful in loosing (yes, loosing vs. losing) the water from the cells...