Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Exclamation some stats (so far)

AVERAGES over the 4 weeks of the Study Period:
kCals = 1915
Pro g = 133.4 or 27.9%
Fat g = 133.4 or 62.8% (yes, really, odd isn't it?)
Carb g = 44.1, Fiber g = 8.7, t.f. Net Carb g = 35.4 including every coffee carb g so 855.6mg caffeine
Starting Weights (day before) = 191.5, (day 1) = 191.5
Ending Weights (day 28) = 182.5, (day after) = 183
NET LOSS = 8.5 wow, I'm surprised and very pleased
OR 4.4% of starting weight
OR 23.5% progress to goal

Oh my. After these 8-9 months of steady gain despite "legal" and experienced LC (quit smoking, I did), I had begun to despair of ever getting back to where I was ... loose size 12s and 150-155 pounds on a 5'6.5" heavy frame.

I now have been effectively reminded of what I've been suggesting to others these past 3 years: go back to basics, count everything and stop guessing, remember to Eat Til Not Hungry is NOT the same as Eat All You Want AND watch out for "SNEAKY CARBS" and DAIRY (often the same thing!).

I fully agree with Doreen on the DISCIPLINE issue. This whole project has reminded me of the absolute necessity to make the time to plan, make the time to record, and keep oneself within certain constraints. LC is only REALLY easy for those with a pretty "normal" metabolism to start with, and most of those folks aren't insulin resistant, glucose intolerant, etc.

PS: I've vowed to continue logging my intake and doing basic Atkins/Somers (strictly Atkins during the week, with some Somers permitted on weekends) as "Regular LC". I'm still cogitatin' on Stillman vs. Fat Fast.