Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 16:11
Registered Member

Plan: Eat to Live
Stats: 200/200/115 Female 5'4
BF:29%/28%/20%
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by adukart
Just want to vent at the moment. Yesterday I was extremely tired again in the afternoon. I took my potassium but still didn't help. I think it was the SF turtle that I had. Does anyone have any suggestions about this issue?

Hi Adukart,

For me, SF does the same thing as sugar does -- in other words, my body reacts the same to artificial sugar as it does to real sugar. I learned that the hard way. So I never lost cravings while I was still ingesting artificial sweetners.

As far as being tired, it may be that you are feeling low blood sugar effects, from not eating sugar. I read an article that said your body is feeling low blood sugar, if you feel tired, and/or have that strong hunger that makes you nauseas. To combat this, the article suggested taking one (only 1) sweet tart -- or one or two (only!) Smarties. That should not throw you out of ketosis, yet it should make you feel better. (This has worked for me.) I'll look for the article -- I've been meaning to reread it anyway.

Here is the article -- when I reread it, I noticed you can take up to 5 smarties, but one or two has been working for me.

http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/twogramcure.htm

Hang in there