View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 23:12
Happy Spring!!!

Plan: Will be starting SBD soon
Stats: 226.5/223.5/175 Female 5'7
BF:34%/33%/lo as poss
Progress: 6%
Default Sometimes I wonder if the good Doc is rolling in his grave?

After reading several posts here about all the lo carb products out there available now and especially the number of Adkins products available I got to wondering. I just started LC'ing the first of December so I never really paid much attention to what products were available to purchase. Maybe is was due to my bliss in snickers, potato chips etc, but were there so many "Adkins" brand products out there before he died, or is the "adkins" company now cashing in on his "good thing" to make a buck?

Take for instance the bake mix. I have a can of it and was shocked at the carb count. It tastes like crap and I would rather roll my chicken in almond flour or ground pork rinds or nothing and season with various herbs and broil or grill.

Some people seem to rely on the shakes and bars and candy (like it was a slim-fast diet) even on induction. I really don't remember any mention of his "products" in his book.

Yes I'm guilty of buying shakes, bars, candy. But have drastically laid off them after seeing no weight loss. I used the excuse I didn't have time to cook, hard to eat while doing homecare in a car all day etc etc. Once I started looking at this now I just use them when I can't shake a crave at all and it still beats eating snickers, chips etc. But I limit myself to maybe 1 a week as a crave killer not as an entire diet plan.
Sponsored Links