View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 09:55
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Quest-- I agree. I didn't mean to sound harsh in my earlier post to Woo, it's just that the implication that if you only do it "right" it works..the fault isn't the PLAN, etc...

We are all different, and when someone refuses to believe that their chosen plan just won't work for everybody, it teeters on the edge of religious fervor...it's like by switching to another plan, I've "wandered from the flock" and need saving to the "right" plan..which simply stopped being effective for me. If CAD is so wrong, and the reason Atkins quit working was some flaw on MY part..why have I lost 4 lbs this week on CAD?

No religion is perfect, no plan is perfect. I really feel uncomfortable seeing ANYONE push EITHER on someone, and refuse to see ANY flaw in their way of thinking.

My original point in starting this thread was just an observation about how diet plans in general, and the discussion boards in particular are a microcosm of society. It takes all kinds.

I was just wondering what it is about diets that makes people so evangelistic? We all want to see others be healthy, but I'm wondering what drives the need to "save the world"?