View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 08:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/199/170 Male 5' 10
BF:
Progress: 61%

It must have been leaked that the Atkins guy lost 108 pounds. I had read that on other message boards.

Seems like Dateline needed the visual of the woman on the marathon. What visual would they have had with the Atkins guy: some guy sitting around eating steak or chicken or an omlette? The woman was the easy, emotional favorite.

I felt sorry for the guy on Slimfast and the woman who was working with a consultant to get to her inner issues, or whatever she was doing. The Slimfast guy is sitting their drinking, basically, sugar. The woman seemed mired in psychobabble; I was surprised she lost as much as she did.

The woman on Weight Watchers did about you would be expect from starving yourself. (I got a kick out of her saving up her "points" early in the show to use them to on wine!) She validated that people can lose a modest amount on WW by, basically, starving themselves. I think she came in 5th? My problem with WW is that it was correct in the late 60s, early 70s when it recommended avoiding potatoes, rice, bread, cereal, and other sugary products. WW then jumped on the "branwagon, changing to recommend avoiding fats. Now, I understand that is has a low carb knockoff. I don't trust WW any more than the American Diabetes Assn. or the American Heart Assn.

Overall, from what Dateline showed, the Atkins guy did not really seem to grasp the tenets of this WOE. I wondered if he had read the book. Disappointing--for him--by his lackluster commitment to continuing this way of eating. Hopefully, again for him, he will not revert and put all that weight back on by the time Dateline checks in next year.