Thread: sample menu's
View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 05:58

Plan: CALP to goal/now my plan
Stats: 188/160/155 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 85%

I don't think there is anything about a two week induction period. With CAD/CALP, you just start out the same way that you intend to continue.. My personal recommendation would be to start out with 2 cms (very plain and simple--meat and salad or veggie) and 1 rm each day. Keeping the rm very well balanced (dividing your plate into thirds--meat, lc veggie, carbs).. And of course, counting your dessert, carbey beverage, etc. in the 1/3 division of carbey foods. If you need a snack, and have only had 2 cms--then have a small one. App. half the size of a normal cm--include meat and veg.. After you're on plan for a while, you might find that you only need 1 cm (and maybe a cm snack) in addition to your rm, each day..
**Also meant to say--You can eat up to 4 times per day, but that should be the 2 cms, 1 cm snack, and rm.. I find that if I eat that much (or that often?) it slows me down. Of course everyone is different, and you may tolerate that many meals per day, very well. You will need to double check the cheat sheet (it's in this forum) to be sure that you are eating CAD approved veggies. They are more limited than Atkins approved veggies. The cheat sheet should help you a lot, in many ways... When I first joined, I printed it, and kept it on the fridge--very helpful...
All the best to you. Hope that you will enjoy CAD-ing....