View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 21:15
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

I think it is a lot like religion. You have "faith" that it will work for everyone (because you may have had a positive experience), and so like a good christian, er, I mean atkinser ... you feel obligated to spread the word to other people.

It is normal for social animals like people to want to share things they think are good with other people. Unfortunately the people who have to listen to how *great* atkins is may not be quite as receptive as we would like .

I also think a lot of people feel that jumping from plan to plan isn't a good idea, which is why some pepole may be telling you to go back to Atkins. Sure, find something that works by all means, but I don't think it is a good idea to switch when it stops working. If it was working fine and then stopped it is more likely that your behavior is what is causing the plateau. Blaming the plan, and not looking at your behavior within it instead, is a recipe for disaster. Some people may be frequently cheating, eating "treat" foods too often, not counting calories, not exercising, and then blame the plan when they stall. Duh! No plan is going to work with that behavior. I'm not saying you were doing these things, but I am saying that what we choose to eat and what we do and don't do (like exercise) probably should be examined first before switching plans.

Like alcoholics, people with weight problems will only recover if they accept responsibility and make lifestyle changes.