View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 20:25
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I think the decision was fair. Yes the other woman only lost 30 pounds, which was her goal, but she also made huge goals fitness wise. Weight loss isn't the only part to being healthy. She overcame injury and pushed herself to finish a marathon.

Yes the Atkins guy lost the most actually exceding his goal, and he exercised regularly, but I don't think he overcame quite the same obsticals. Of course it could of also been the spin the news report put on it.

I can also see why the Atkins guy may or may not continue. He was getting the Atkins at home meals delivered instead of developing good eating habits on his own. He was also sticking to 20g a day induciton while carbo loading at 70g before a race. While he lost all the weight, it just seems like they were setting him up to lose fast, but not be able to make it a way of life.

I also have the complaint while they did state it was high fat not just high protien, they didn't mention the tons of veggies you are suposed to have (they did show veggies on his plate). He also was eating 4 cheeseburgers as a snack :P Only guys can get away with that one.