View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 13:12
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

[QUOTE=Sparker34]I've been reading these forums for hours and hours the last few days.
here's a few things I want to get straight

1- eat the CM under 20 minutes? I think I read that somewhere, but not sure

---I'm not aware of any time limit on CM.

2-the 15 minute coffee rule is only during the RM? And you're only allowed one cup w/ cream or milk. And does it matter if it's cream or milk?

The 15-minute rule applies to OUTSIDE RM. You are allowed unlimited black coffee or plain tea, but if you add milk or cream you get it ONE time, and must finish within the 15 minutes. At RM, you can have whatever you wish to drink with your balanced RM, figuring it in your carb alloment if appropriate, as long as you finish it under the one hour limit.

3- when eating your CM, can you have as much as want of lc veggies and/or protien? Or are you supose to limit those too?

Eat until satisfied of the allowed foods. The book specifies "average portions"... but sometimes I'm a bit hungrier, and it's been okay.

4- no one talks about working out. Are you working out?
And if people are lifting weights, how the heck do you do it without carbs?

5- what's the deal with cheeses? Is there a specific limit to them per meal, per day, etc?
my hubby liked atkins so much because he ate tons of cheese and lost weight. He just made omlettes with a river of cheese comingout of them. sigh

Again, "average portions". I eat cheese in my omelettes, on my salad, etc. without ill effect. Moderation in all things is really the key, IMO.

6- and what's the goal for carb counts per meal? Not that we're supose to count, i know, but i'm wondering...being an atkins convert

You don't count, but the rule of thumb is foods you eat should be under 4 grams of carbs per average serving. (Total carbs, fiber isn't subtracted on this plan, nor are sugar alcohols)

7- are there any rules as to how late you can eat? I'm a late eater ussually.

nope!

HTH,
Barb