View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 10:06

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
around here at least, I can get two chicken legs for the same price as a bar. Better value.

Definitely agreed! Around here, I can get a whole pack of chicken thighs (containing 6) for the same price as one of those bars. Definitely a much better value.

Quote:
I am thinking that maybe I will only have 2 of these salads every day and if Im hungry in between have a Carb Solutions or Atkins shake or bar or chips or something

jojokicks...do your body and your budget a favor and ditch the "frankenfoods" like the chips and bars and stick with real foods. Remember...meats and veggies would be considered "food" for food stamps as well and will provide your body with far more flavor, vitamins, minerals and other important things that your body needs than bars and chips. Salads are good, but to get a decent amount of nutrient value from them (other than fiber), they should be dark greens such as spinach or romaine and not iceburg lettuce. There are a lot of other vegetables that you are allowed to have on induction as well that would give you a greater nutritional punch than plain lettuce as well. Definitely check out the links provided above; I think you'll find them very helpful, but you might also want to put your name in at the library to hold the next available copy of Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution and read it as soon as it becomes available.
If you're hungry between meals, try snacking on things like chicken legs or hard boiled eggs or raw veggies dipped in mayonnaise or salad dressing (like ranch or bleu cheese) instead of chips; they'll satisfy your hunger much better and are much better for you.
One more thing...please don't make a habit of skipping breakfast. Eating breakfast gets your metabolism going for the day and skipping it slows your metabolism down which will also slow down your weight loss.
Good luck!