View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 09:32
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins for breastfeeding
Stats: 250/245/150 Female 5'5"
BF:2Much junk N trunk
Progress: 5%
Default Bad news regarding nursing and dieting...

I did some research last night regarding breastfeeding and found out some really bad things.
Any time you're losing weight, you go into ketosis, according to some medical sites. In return, all the toxins, chemicals, and preservatives from your fat end up in your milk supply. That's bad! My baby is way too young to get those things in her system.
I don't know what to do to be honest. I can't wean her, she is miserable when I try to introduce a bottle of formula to her. I even tried again today, she's very attached to nursing. I can't NOT lose weight. I feel like if I don't do it now I never will. The last time I nursed, my other daughter, I gained 30 lbs from wanting to eat all the time. I can't bare to go through that again. I've gotten bigger than I ever have been now and that's just horrible!
Should I switch to Atkins and do the pre-maintenance plan where I lose very slow due to intaking around 30-35 grams of carbs I think it is. I don't have that book anymore so I'm not sure how it works, but maybe that would be a better plan for me. That way I can customize it better?
I don't know what to do. Any advice would be appreciated. I don't want to wean though, no matter what.
Sponsored Links