View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 20:42
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

You must be in Cape May. If you are, I grew up right across the bay from you. I remember when they built the big jetty to widen the harbor in Cape May so they could get all the Coast Guard ships in there. Huge trucks would drive by with big stones on the back.

I never saw a mall until I was 12 or 13 years old and I went to visit my cousin. Our idea of big-time shopping was driving an hour to Atlantic City which had one department store. About once a year, we would go to Philadelphia. On the other hand, we used to go down to the docks and get fish fresh off the boats coming in and in the summer we would buy our produce straight from farms that were a little ways inland.

Believe it or not, there is a lot more there now than there was 30 or 40 years ago. I was last there two years ago and I couldn't believe all the new development. My old elementary school used to have one classroom for each grade, because that was all the kids we had. I drove by it two years ago and it was twice as long and had grown a second story. They must have two or three classes of kids in each grade now.