View Single Post
  #70   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 20:06

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Michelle, I'm not a medical professional, but I am a devoted Atkins follower. One reason we eat the fats and low carbs is so our bodies won't have to work hard to produce insulin. Our fat stores get used up, and our glucose levels remain about even-steven. That's just the LC gospel according to Annie. So if at all possible, put yourself on induction and stay true to it for two weeks if you haven't. You will notice a marked improvement in your sugar cravings even by the 3rd or 4th day. At least I did. Never did I think I of all people could do it.

We have all been where you are, and I struggle with it even tonight. be true to yourself and keep at it. Make sure you have plenty of good healthy choices laying around the house, like celery sticks, cream cheese, LC Choc whey powder, etc. You are going to do fantastic, girlfriend. Do NOT give up!

Hugs to YOU!

Annie-Pie
PS Thanks everyone for your kind words. I really wasn't sharing to sound like a pity party person--that's a tongue twister! I was just saying I am in a position where the choices here are not much at all, so we eat what we have. Thank God we have those!

Annie