View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 20:05

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 322.4/287/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 22%

Well hubby and I checked the distance in September when i started walking- from our house to the end of town - beach side is almost 4 miles. So basically round trip is almost 8 miles. It is flat- there's not a hill from here to Philly lol- it's all wetlands and marsh. And I do pass the joggers. I push dd in a jogging stroller and I move fast- Hubby has a pretty long stride and he has a hard time keeping up with me. The longest it's ever taken me to walk that was 2 hours and that was when I was walking with a lady next door- quit walking with her because she was doing it for chit chat and pleasure- i was actually trying to get somewhere lol. I also cycle- even at the weight I'm at, which most people still can't believe this- I do around 15 miles in around 40 minutes.
I know some of my weight probably is muscle mass- or the weight I gained when i was still cycling and walking every day. Before hubby and I got married I was 200 pounds but didn't look a pound over 150 and wore a size 12.

quote:
Another is maybe you're eating too few calories. Many people believe you need to eat as much as your basal metabolic rate (BMR) ... or at least not eat significantly less. It can put your body into 'starvation mode' and cause you to hang onto every calorie it can. I got your rate is at CaloriesPerHour.com: 2,231. If you are eating a lot less calories, you might want to consider the possibility that it's a contributing factor.

thanks for looking that up! there is no way I take in even close to that amount of calories- maybe on a bad day and that time of month when i don't care what I eat. But a regular day usually consists of a cup or 2 of coffee for breakfast- cream and sugar- not a lot, lunch is usually some type of sandwich, glass of milk, and piece of fruit, and dinner whatever I make that night- usually meat, starch, and veggie. I was keeping track of calories for a while because my old doc- this was a year ago now, told me I should try to keep it under 2000 a day if I want to lose. SO at one point I was down to 1800 calories a day and still not losing- this was with spending an hour in the gym every day, plus a 20 mile bike ride 4 days a week- and don't forget the toddler lol.
Anyhow, I think this atkins diet looks like it's best for both hubby and I. I'm to the point where it has to work or I just don't know what I'll do with myself.