View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 15:03

Plan: My Own
Stats: 191/166/155 Female 5'4"
BF:32%/25%/25%
Progress: 69%

If you really want to lose the weight and keep it off, you have to accept this as a WOF, not a diet that you "cheat" on.

If you are carb addicted (and you probably are) you cannot eat pancakes and syrup even occasionally because it starts a craving for carbs that is irresistable. Take it from me, I know from experience.

When you go north next summer, take no carb bake mix and recipes and make your own pancakes and sticky buns that are on plan. When you have a week end get together with lots of food, take things you can eat--a big beautiful salad, cole slaw, and a SF dessert. Eat the protein and fat selections and if necessary, pick out the carbs in a dish. Then eat lots of what you brought along with a LC drink.

If you were diabetic and a second breakfast of pancakes would make you ill, you would explain that to your friend and your friend would understand. Is your carb addiction really any less dangerous to your health. Tell everyone you cannot eat carbs for your health and then if they serve them, eat around them and don't even explain yourself. Anyone who encourages you to eat things that are unhealthy for you is not really a friend. They may need to be educated but you can do it.

If you really stop eating carbs, the cravings will go away, and then it becomes easy to say no to high carb foods.

If you are eating carbs as comfort foods, then you have to deal with your need for comfort foods. Emotional eating does not necessarily understand LC.

Good luck. We know you can do it. We can all do it.