#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 12:08
3 Days at a Time

Plan: OWL
Stats: 150/150/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default A Goal Met

A long time ago, someone started the "One Thing You'll Miss Least" thread, and I contributed that I would never miss the dread I feel when I get on an airplane and have to buckle the seatbelt.

I returned from my three week vacation today, exhausted and a little sad. It had been a rough family visit, and I was feeling a little down.

I stopped in the bathroom in Detroit and noticed in the mirror that the ties on the sweatpants I was wearing were hanging down an awful lot more than usual. When I looked at the knot, it was an inch and a half away from my stomach. I couldn't believe that I had possibly lost that much weight without noticing... so I shrugged and went off to the next flight.

I hadn't even bothered trying to buckle the seatbelt on the previous flight, because I just couldn't handle any more depression. But out of curiousity, I snapped the belt around my waist, and was amazed when not only it clicked, but I actually had to tighten it.

For the first time in years, I didn't dread the rest of the plane flight home.

The scale still hasn't moved much, but I don't care so much anymore. Because I'm seeing results, and I'm happy.

Thank you everyone for holding me here through the hard parts. I just had my first good part... and I think they're a lot more fun.
Sponsored Links