View Single Post
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 22:29

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Wow so many honest comments here. I see we all are struggling, each at different weights and places in life, yet we all have been there, haven't we?

Jess, do you have a girlfriend nearby that you can vent with in person? Even if she's at her ideal skinny-minnie weight, or even if she's obese (I have two best friends: One is a type 1 diabetic weighing 350 and I love the socks off of her. The other is a skinny-minnie size 4. They both are there for me because as women, we all struggle with issues.).

Can you find someone like that? Will your hubby understand how important this way of eating is for you? I think if he sees your efforts continue, he will know you're doing this not only for yourself, but for your familiy as well. As for depression, I really know about that. My hubby suffers from severe depression, and when my dad had cancer, he suffered from it horribly as well. In fact, there are so many of my friends who appear "normal" who take anti-depressants. There truly is a place for them, once the right comibation is discovered for each individual. I do wish you well. I can tell you one thing: After my third child in 1992, my periods lasted 3-1/2 weeks long. I cried all the time. I kept Kimberly Clark in business, lemme tell ya. My doc looked at me and said, "God doesn't want you to suffer with this". So I had a hysterectomy and wow, I wasn't blue anymore. But of course, you are younger. Maybe your TOM isn't that drastic yet. Just my thoughts.

Who wrote about DH? I thought the same thing. Is he a hubby that is 18? Maybe I just didn't get it. Inquiring minds want to know.

I ate 1-1/2 gourmet cookies today. Couldn't stand the rest, so that's good. Gave the rest away. I have got to get a handle on this so it is not a habit.

Hugs to you all. SHEILA: we are here for you. You can kick the habit. Make sure you get support from the NIC group because they KNOW what you are going through.

Angie you are so right with your insight. I think I truthfully thought, "I do look better than I have in a long time. I can eat this and it won't hurt." Very bad behavior. The carbs are one thing. The habit of bad thoughts are another.
Hugs Annie