View Single Post
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 20:57

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

Jessie, sorry your having a hard time. You've come so far already!!!!! I think as a Mom/wife you have so much to do for everyone else that it's so hard to take the time to take care of ourselves. Heck it's hard to remember your given name is not Mom!!!!!
I don't know a thing about clinical depression but I do know about things getting you down and not caring.
My Dad got a terminal illness and eventually couldn't take it and took his own life, my only aunt died, I got a major injury, and my Mom completely fell apart. I felt big time abandoned and alone. I sort of took it out on myself my not taking care of my dm2 and eatting right. I just didn't really care too much . The biggest step was actually realizing how I was feeling and face up to it. That helped me with not feeling guilty for taking the time to take care of ME.
I feel crappy now that my injury flared up again and I cant do my exercise so I hear you there.
How old are your kids? Could you get up before them and exercise? That helped me. I told my boys that was my time if they happened to get up and to park it on the couch or play for that 30 min. Usually they giggled at me while I was doing the aerobics show.
Ask DH to do the bed time thing and give yourself and hour in the tub with a good book, cup of tea etc.
By admitting your depressed I think your starting on the upward climb! Was it better on LC??? I sure felt better.