View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 18:21

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Wow! Two new pals in one day!! Welcome, Keith!!!

Now we have two guys that we can tease unmercifully! Keith, you'll soon get to know our resident Yeti, a.k.a. Rob. He can attest to the teasing!

Wendy, you raise valid points. I've always kept it down around 30 carbs. Grains are my big downfall, and if I add any to my daily menus the cravings start. I do plan to eat more cottage cheese and yogurt, so my carbs will probably be higher than 30. I read a post here that debunks the notion that the live cultures in yogurt "eat up" most of the carbs (as stated in the infamous "LowCarb Luxery" article). Apparently, if you make homemade yogurt and allow it to ferment (?) the full time, this is a true statement. Store-bought yogurt, however, is "stopped" before it's fully fermented -- like maybe after only 20% fermentation. So instead of the 4 carbs per cup that a lot of people count, it's more like 12. Doesn't Marnie make her own yogurt?

Anyway, I'm going to stay low for a week or two, and then maybe try it a bit higher. I don't feel bad at 30, but I know you did. Hmmmmm. It might be worth a try. I'd have to be careful, though, what kind of carbs I'm eating. I've started adding a little fruit (1/4 apple, for example), so that will raise it a little.

Like I said, I'll do 1 or 2 weeks of this "Induction-style" eating, and then decide what to do. I'm hoping the extra 5 pounds will be gone by then.

Keith, describe the Atkins wrap from Subway. How many carbs? What's in it? Was it tasty?