View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 16:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/161.2/146 Female 5ft 6in
BF:yep, sure have !!
Progress: 82%

you have so come to the right place !!!

There are so many people on here that will help, support & motivate you !!

I started on Atkins in July 03, after years of yoyo dieting, and being diagnosed with depression Oct 02. I had a real issue with self image and feeling 'worthless' - still struggling with it today, but as the weight falls off my confidence is slowly coming back !!

I was prescribed 20mg of cipramil ( celexa) which really helped, and by Aug of this year felt strong enough to come off it, which I sucessfully managed abeit very slowly. I still have down days, but generally able to cope well !!

As for the atkins WOL, I really felt it has help curb my food binges, the biggest problem I suffered from was when something didnt go right in my life, or I was having a 'down day' I turned to food, and binged big time. that just doesnt happen any more, I seem to have a far greater control on my eating habits, which from where Im standing is a minor miracle !!.

As for your self image, try not to 'beat yourself up' about it, I know its easy for me to say that, ( like I said I still have issues) but once you start to see results, you will be so proud, feel much better about things, and start to realise you can do it !!

You say your always tired, just a thought, but have you ever had your thyriod tested ?? I suffer from an underactive thyroid and without throxine, I find it hard to function ??

As for exersize, that will also really help you, im a keen swimmer, and I swim 5 days a week, bit extreme, but even if you only swim once a week, and build up slowly, it will help you , I also feel swimming helps to keep my mood steady.

Anything I can do to help you just ask, by all means read and post to my journal - fraid its not very informative cos I just dont have the time to really go into detail as to what im eating, however there are alot of people's who are. If you really want to read an inspiring story read 'Little Anne's journal' she will really motivate you !!

Good luck, and please contact me if you want to chat, dont give up, you can so do this !!!!!

Lisa x