View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 12:28

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Outdoormom, If you do this diet correctly, you will find yourself healthier than your friends who call this a bad diet. I know that you are anxious to xtart this way of eating but please read Dr Atkins DIet Revolution, first. You should get blood work done first to see how your numbers improve over this year of dieting. My cholesterol is a total of 148. My triglycerides = 59 and my glucose is 90. My electrolytes are fine. I regret not having lab work done before doing the diet. But, for me, it proves that eating a high fat, high protein, low carbohydrate diet has not be detrimental to my health. I have done this diet for a year. I will eat this way for the rest of my life. My resolution for 2004 is to reach pre-maintenance phase. I am not rushing the remainder of my weightloss because it was kinda slow last year. Keep in mind that I didn't have that much weight to lose and my weightloss will be much different from yours. Also keep in mind that this isn't a diet that you go on and then stop when you reach your goal. This diet is a way of life so contemplate on that not just the initial weightloss.Also, I think of every low carb participant as a poster child for this WOE. The world is watching.