Thread: Depression
View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 11:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/182.5/140 Female 63inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

I too have chronic cyclical depression. I'm currently taking ST John's Wort and restarted this WOL. I notice a HUGE difference when I LC compared when I don't. I don't believe it's 100% the WOL, I believe it's also the mindset that I'm doing something for myself. I also have started to work on the task of retraining myself to think differently. We seem to "brainwash" ourselves into believing untruths about ourselves and our situation. I'm using the Dr Phil Weightloss Solution book. THis is such a great book!! I suggest looking online to see if this is available to you. If not, I do know that the Feeling Good Handbook is. This is alot like the Dr Phil book in it's activities. Yes, the steps needed to get out of your depression do include work on your part. But it's worth it when you know that the work gets easier with practice and it REALLY WORKS!!!
I also noticed that I feel much better when taking my vitamins. I am lazy about putting together a blend so I purchased the Dr Atkins: Essential Oils(these are awesome for depression), Dieter's Advantage, and Basic 3.
Please be assured that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. But you are going to have to stand up and get to it!
Please use this forum to keep in touch. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. WE ALL do at times.

Make this New Year a new and happy one!! I know you can