View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-16-01, 03:10

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

cheryl, I know it can be a little scary. Those in positions of authority, especially our doctors, can definitely have an impact on our decisions. I was a little anxious about seeing my doc this week. Here's what I did. I printed off a copy of what I've been eating for the past week or so. I also wrote down all the stats that had changed since I started LC (My weight, the inches lost, my BP) A lot of doctors don't have a clear notion of what LC really is. Most people think we swill bacon fat and live off meat and cheese. Her comments were very positive and encouraging. I armed myself to the teeth and I was prepared for her questions. Her only worry was that my blood work would be *off* since I was eating so much more fat that normal. I assured her that all the evidence points toward the opposite. I am having blood work done this week and if its still normal (as it has always been) then she doesnt want to see me again until next year.

Under "Low Carb Studies" there is some powerful and compelling evidence that LC works and most of all, doesnt hurt you. Print it off, have a read, and take some of the information with you.

If all else fails, there are other doctors out there.

Cheers,
Nat