View Single Post
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 16:45

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Wow, what a large group we have this month! Wouldn't be surprised to see a few more join. Like someone said, the more we have, the more support we have.

I would like to add my 2-cents here for those who may not be familiar with our ongoing group: We all read the posts, but time doesn't always permit us to include a reply to everyone posting. So if your name isn't mentioned, please, please--do not be offended. Between all of us here, no one will be overlooked. Sometimes a particular post may strike a chord. We might feel we need to reply that one. But if we forget your name--and I'm the first one to raise my hand doing that--please keep posting!

I would like to welcome all the new people, like Lise, Connie, Teresa,...see what I mean? I may have inadvertenly left someone out! Welcome EVERYBODY!

A few comments I feel I need to reply to:
For the casserole, it sounds awesome. I love the idea of the parmesan. Another suggestion I have would be to broil a few toasted almonds for a few minutes, then chop by hand or food processor until chunky. Add crumbled bacon on top, and perhaps crumbled blue cheese. The almonds are nearly no-carb, and of course the bacon is. Blue Cheese is just like any other cheese. Maybe that would change the taste of the recipe. But thought I'd mention it.

Jessie, hon you look like one incredible mom by the fun picture you posted. I've read your posts elsewhere and you always are honest and supportive. I find that when I go through changes emotionally or physically in life, it just effects my moods so much. That's why I desperately need this forum. So please make allowances for yourself and know you are going to be such a success this year, because you already are!

Sheila, thanks for posting to my journal. I really needed to know someone else felt like me. Hang in there.

Who had the ice cream machine? Don't forget you can make so many yummy LC ice creams with whip cream, cream cheese, LC/NC protein powders, cocoa, s/f syrups...I envy you!!

Rodmick, was it you that mentioned your hubby going back to work? You guys must be thrilled. I know the money comes in handy doesn't it? ALso what does a guy do all day when he's home on injury? Bugs us! Well at least for me. Nothign worse than a man who wants to work and can't.

For the cabbage rolls I also suggest leaving the rice out. It shouldn't be a big deal. Cabbage rolls sans rice are perfect for LC'ing.

The pumpkin cheesecake I made was horrible. Sorry but I didn't like it. Will make the Vancouver Cheesecake featured on the recipe site for huby's birthday on Sunday. This no-bake kind features an almond-roca type crust on the top that is to die for. I add cocoa to my cheesecake batter.

Sorry to take up so much space. Stay safe and warm girlfriends.
Annie