Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 10:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/141/125 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Tae Kwan Do ROCKS!

hey Glassgirl! TKD rocks, doesn't it??

I lost about 10 pounds effortlessly, just by doing TKD over the course of a year...but then hurt my back (unrelated to martial arts) and for the last four months I've been gimping along, missing promotions and taking class whenever my back permitted. Now I'm on the mend (woo hoo!) and ready to return--last week was the first time I didn't have back pain after training. Alas, I've gained some weight by not working out and by letting my carb addiction rule. So this is really the first time I've done martial arts while low-carbing, and I appreciate your experience. My only problem so far (I'm in induction): I run out of energy about halfway through the lesson. My husband (experienced low-carb kinda guy) speculates it's because burning fat takes longer than burning carbs and my body can't keep up. Any suggestions, anyone? This week I'm going to try eating an extra snack of nuts or an extra salad the days I train. Thanks for your post, Glassgirl! And thanks for the help, anyone who has advice!
Nancy