View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 01:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Over the past while I've had a taste of this or that--things like a french fry, a snack cracker, so on and so forth. The one thing I've found is that now they're practically tasteless. So in addition to a lot of the sage advice already given (like remembering what I'm after), I tell myself, 'You know, that isn't going to even taste good to you'.

One thing I still have trouble with is nibbling while watching a movie or reading a book. I'm working on that, too. If I'm reading and the urge gets persistent, I'll have a couple of tablespoons of sunflower seeds, one or two seeds at a time, or maybe a handful of pork skins. I don't usually eat if I'm not hungry, but once in a while do find myself nibbling in the evening.

For those just-can't-help-yourself moments, I keep legal goodies. Chocolate Carb Countdown with a little half-and-half is sooo wonderful (hot or cold) and is filling and comforting at the same time. I also like to keep a lot of nuts in the house, and some SF chocolates.

Another thing I do is come to this forum and start reading and typing. If my fingers are busy typing, they're not sticking food into my mouth.