#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-15-01, 08:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/193/140
BF:
Progress: 56%
Default End of month one

Today is my first day of month 2 for me. On the first month of being on atkins. Scale wise I wish I could have done a little bit better, but in the inches I lost more than made up for it. In the first month I went down 10 lbs on the scale and went down 2 dress sizes. I only had one small cheat this past month.. which was one slice of pizza on labor day (I also had some wings, but later found out those are actaully ok). Other than that I have had about 6 servings of sf jello over the past month and that has been it for "sweets" I even gave up my diet caffine free pepsi on my second week. After the first day or so it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Going from drinking 3/4 16 oz bottles a day to 0 is a big step.. but I did it.

Another thing I can say.. even if I didnt' lose anything this WOE would still be worth it. I have been a migrain suffer for many many years. Literally so bad I couldn't get out of bed for 2/3 days. In past year they started to get progressively worse and worse. My medication was changed several times because the reactions I had to the meds were just about as bad as the headaches themselves. Finally the doctors decided that my system couldn't handle any of the Migrain meds so for the last 3/4 months I was on asprin with a heave dose of Codine. The Codine was making me so drowsey.. it took all i could to stay awake and being a SAHM with a 4 and a 5 year old.. you have to be alert. But for the last 4/5 momths.. the headaches were getting to the point I would have one major one a week and 2/3 smaller ones. Noone ever mentioned to me that it could have been the sugar.. Oh there was talk about certain foods that could set them off.. but because of the frequency of mine they were assuming it was stree related. Well I started this atkins diet on a whim.. Just decided I wanted to lose weight last month.. I looked around came by this diet and I admit it appealled to me because of the "fast results" people were getting so I went out got the book and then started. After that first few uncomfortable days.. it didn't hit me at first.. but in the middle of my second week I realized that hey I haven't had a headach in over a week now. Then the 3rd week past and I mentioned it to some friends how I haven't had a headache in a while. And then it hit me. It had to have been the sugar that was causing them. Since my pregnanceys where I had desgational (sp??) diabetes my blood sugar has always been a bit wacky.. but after a full month of being on atkins.. I have gone from 3/4 headaches a week to not a single one in a momth now. That alone makes this diet well worth it. Not to mention the energy and the "alive" feeling it has given me that I didnt' have before.
Sponsored Links