View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 15:00
100% pork rind free

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 215/182.5/180 Female 5 ' 10 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 93%

I have to disagree with those who have said snacking is bad. This is Atkins, not CAD or some other plan, and Atkins is a snack-friendly WOE! I have always been a "grazer" and cannot limit myself to three meals a day. Even when I was on induction there were some days where it seemed like I was constantly eating, but I did not go over my 20g of carbs and I still lost weight.

Now I'm more likely to have a cup of herbal tea than food in the afternoons, but I still eat more often than most people. Smurfy, if you are snacking on approved foods, don't worry about it! One of my favorite snacks is lunch meat rolled up with cream cheese in the middle. Yum. Slices of raw red bell pepper, plain or with salad dressing, are tasty as well. Let yourself eat!

You are right, if this is going to be a WOE you have to do it your way. It is important to follow the rules of induction closely as they are written in the book. As you get the hang of it and move into OWL, you will work out "your" Atkins plan. Every person on this site does it a little differently.