Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 10:38

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%
Default I would tend to agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauracat28
okay it time you decioved the tuth about most of the atkins prodicts out there while the deit is great most of the stuff is pretty bad. there one or two things made by atkins that are on the okay but most of it is pretty bad

I must say, a few years ago when I first attempted this WOE, the only available items were Atkins - and they were so nasty that my family couldn't tolerate them.

Now there are selections, and people have developed substitute recipes for the Atkins Bake Mix, etc., that it is a much more user-friendly option.

Even some of the recipes on the site (for example, the Blueberry Scones) are so totally nasty that the only reason I ate them is because I hated to waste the ingredients.

Must say that the lemon mousse was really good, though. Perhaps it is based on when the recipe was developed - if it is an "old" one - it's not fit to eat.

Thankfully, there are so many imaginative people out there, I've been able to collect a vast array of recipes, and don't have to rely exclusively on the Dr's inventions.