View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 10:10

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185.5/162/154 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Plain water upsets my stomach, especially at room temperature (probably all in my head but it sure shows up in my stomach). Ice is 7 floors down where I work but I do drink very cold water tap water when I bother to fenture down for ice. I drink 4 - 6 liter bottles of room temp, flavored seltzer each day. I've heard the carbonation isn't good for you (is this true?) so I always take the top off the next bottle so that by the time I'm drinking it most of the fizz is gone. No calories and I had no trouble losing weight this past year. Orange is my favorite. I buy it by the case at Shop Rite for $4 or $.25 a bottle. The big discount stores (Costco, BJs) charge more, go figure.

I love to munch and spent all summer munching on cucumbers and peppers. Just don't care for the raw veggies much in the winter and am having trouble staying away from the nuts now. I still want to munch but what I crave is causing me trouble so I'm just drinking more and trying to keep away from the snacks.

Lots of newbies swear they can't drink more because they'll be in the bathroom all day. Rest assured that your bladder capacity will grow. I'm thinking of suggesting a new category for the Guiness Book of World Records: the longest pee. I think I stand a good chance of being the record holder in that category.

Good luck and Happy New Year to All,
Barb