#4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 08:51

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfy

1. How much water is the minimum? 8 glasses a day. Yes, you will go to the bathroom more but it helps get the fat out of your body. I have heard of lemon juice in it but isn't that a fruit? If you are on Induction you need to follow it to the LETTER...you can't claim this WOE doesn't work if you don't follow the plan.
2. How much lettuce CAN I eat? Dr Atkins gives the amounts of vegtables and salads in the book...again, you have to follow Induction instructions to the letter.
3. I used to smoke so I am a snacker. If I don't have something that I am chewing on then I will find the nearest thing (normally the candy machine.) Does anyone know of anything that I can snack on all day long that has little to no carbs so I don't have to worry about watching what I eat.This isn't a "diet" - it is a Way of Eating. You are supposed to be relearning much better eating habits. If you are true to the plan you will find you aren't hungry and don't need to snack. The first two weeks can be tough to get through. Everyone who is changing their eating habits can tell you this. If you stick with it, you will see results.

4. Is it possible to get too little carbohydrates? ABSOLUTLEY! I know this sounds stupid but if I keep my carbs under 10 would that inhibit my weightloss any? You bet it will.

This is my second time really doing this and I need ALOT of support. Getting through the first 2 weeks is the HARDEST!Yes, it is, but be assured that as you get through the tough parts it will get easier. There are loads of threads here, posted by people who have a hard time losing but stuck through it and are successful. But don't expect to lose loads, fast. You are older, you've done this before and your body will be resistant. It has taken me five months to lose my weight and sometimes I got really frustrated when I read how fast others were losing. But I am female, have dieted before, am on synthetic hormones (thyroid) and am older. It ALL makes a difference. The key is to realize and accept that this isn't a "quick fix". As many here have said, they didn't put it on in a month and don't expect it to come off in a month.

Read, re-read and read the book again. And search the treads on this board for support...it is all here! Good Luck!