#6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 13:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/154/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi Sherry

I ordered it from lowcarber.com along with 2 8oz bottles of liquid Splenda (they call it 0carb syrup base). The 5 lb. bag of WPI and 2 liquid splenda cost me $80.70 US ($104.75 Cdn) which included $18 shipping. I know it's expensive but if one can't get it in Canada, what can you do. I'm fortunate that I know some people in Oroville WA which is less than a 2 hour drive from where I live in the Okanagan. They don't ship to Canada so I have to add the cost of gas to drive down there and pick it up. But then, we're retired and our daughter lives just this side of the border so it's not really a problem for us.

I was just checking out out another site in Australia that was selling the WPI for
$35 and the syrup for $22 (Australian $ of course) but I don't know how that compares.

The only thing I know for sure - none of this low carb stuff is inexpensive.

Now - the bread I baked the other day but hadn't tasted yet - it tastes wonderful. The only thing I found is that it is a little tough - which I think comes from the triple rising in the bread machine. As I said - next one I'm going to use the dough cycle and will let you know how it turns out.

Lorraine