View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 10:52
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Get an account at www.fitday.com It's a pain in the butt at times, but only doing it for a week will really show patterns or things that could use changing. You need to have 70% of calories coming from fats, and also make sure you are eating enough calories to support your body. Restricting calories too much will make your body to hang on to energy stores (i.e. fat) like it was gold.

Those carbolite bars may say 0 carbs, but they do stall many people. Get rid of them.

Also cut down on processed foods such as sausages, bacon, ham, hotdogs and so on. All are made with sugars and have very high sodium.

I don't agree that cutting back on veggies is the answer. The NEW Dr. Atkins induction foods list doesn't recomend frankenfoods either. I don't think anyone can claim that eating salads causes them to gain weight. It's probably overall calories or a carby dressing more then the veggies.

The reason it has been upped is after 30 some years of research, life experience form the weight loss clinics and so on, they found people lost better with more veggies and the nutrients were needed.

I have many diet books from the 60's and 70's. The lack of nutricional understanding back then was depressing. Atkins was probably one of the sanest, but even he has made alot of progress in 30 some years. If you really want to cut carbs and go for a 70's diet, then you can do the eating once a week, only eating eggs, then there is the grape fruit and cabbage soup diets ect :P

I constantly eat well over the recomended amount. Remember those cups refer to oz, and unless you are eating 16oz of salad, most aren't getting anywhere near enough. Those prebagged salad mixes are only 1 3oz serving for the entire bag if you read the nutricional info on the back. Veggies are low cal, low carb fillers that help make the meal larger and more filling.