Thread: Depression
View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-01, 10:51

Plan:
Stats: 165/160/135
BF:
Progress:

Thanks very good for your helpful input. In fact, my doctor took my blood pressure and told me he thought I was dehydrated, which I found hard to believe because it seems all I do is drink! Here's how he made that determination. He took my blood pressure while lying down and then had me stand and took it again. The first number dropped by about 12 points and the second rose a few. When the first number drops like that, it indicates possible dehydration. So, to make sure I am drinking as much as I should, I am starting with a full gallon jug each day and emptying it.

Also, I was not in ketosis this morning and I should have been, based on my diet. Others have mentioned they have not done well ketosis-wise if they ate the Adkins bar. I ate one yesterday for breakfast, but I also ate a candy bar from LowCarbChocolates.com. It was incredibly good--just like the real thing and only 3 carbs, sweetened with maltitol--but it may have been the culprit and not the Adkins bar (I hope not, much rather give up the yucky Adkins bar.

Sure is tough to lose weight when you are 46 and going through menopause!