View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 14:05
Registered Member

Plan: world domination
Stats: 321/245/220 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I am the reverse of your numbers. Just passed 65 pounds. I started at 321 on July 13, set a goal of 220 and have 32 pounds to go. I am excited to see the scale pass under 250 (maybe by this sunday when I record my weekly results). As I have had a lot of problems with gout while doing atkins, I have had extended periods when I cant exercise. It has not kept me from losing weight but the exercise is necessary to reshape my body. I lose the weight by watching what, and how much I eat. I reshape my body by working it. Particularly annoying is the ring of fat around my abdomen which wont drop from weight loss without exercise. All that candy and the processed foods might have the right numbers on the label but I aint buying that they are good for you. You can stay on a lo fat diet by eating lo fat twinkies but they cant be good for you. I limit my portions, limit my beef even more, get as many of my carbs as I can from hi nutrition veggies instead of malitol laced processed foods and, for me anyway, most importantly by controlling portions. I eat less food more often and it seems to keep me losing. I spent 3 months on strict induction. I then added some lo carb ice cream replacing one of my two snacks a couple times a week and added 3 carb per roll sandwich rolls by O'solo,added most kinds of veggies and tried the meal replacement bars. The bars have since been dropped as I think they are just empty calories and were no more satisfying than a snack of celery and cream cheese. On Jan 13 when I pass the 6 month mark, I intend to add some berries and nuts. My real challenge will be how I handle maintenance. I frankly have no intention of going back to eating high starch and high sweet foods. But I do look forward to being able to eat more diversely and less structured.
Hope you continue your weight loss and find a safe and healthy level which gives you happiness and stay there